Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d, fulltime)
Artory is the Registry for the Art World and wants you to be a part of it!
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join our team in Berlin.
You will work on all areas of our code alongside our full-stack engineers to be a driving force for developments. You will join our development team, who are currently working in the following areas:
- The Registry, a system that records artwork transactions transparently on the blockchain
- A client to record data on multiple blockchains and create timestamp proofs
- An application for art collectors, providing secure key storage in a user-friendly way
- A secure messaging platform
We are a development team of engineers, a dedicated product owner, and a designer. In this environment, you can easily contribute your own ideas towards the direction of our product.
Our workflow is Scrum-Kanban with two-week sprints, planning, and retrospectives. We also are committed to thorough testing and code reviews.
Across the pond, our sales and content teams are in New York, the hub of the art market. Our roadmap and requirements are made in Berlin, encompassing our long-term strategy created with our New York team.
- At least 3 years experience with most technologies in our stack:
- backend: Python, Django, Django REST Framework, Celery
- infrastructure: AWS, Docker
- Ability to write tests and experience maintaining and monitoring systems
- Speak English at a professional level (company language)
- Work on-site in our Berlin office
- University Degree
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of public-key cryptography theory
- Experience with cross-platform mobile applications (e.g. React Native or similar)
- Experience building highly secure systems
- Interest in art
The Joel Test:
- Do you use source control? Yes.
- Can you make a build in one step? Yes.
- Do you make daily builds? Not automatically.
- Do you have a bug database? Yes.
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes.
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes.
- Do you have a spec? Yes.
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes.
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes.
- Do you have testers? Not yet.
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes.
- Do you do hallway usability testing? Not yet.
- Competitive salary, life-/family-friendly and flexible working hours, 25 days of paid leave
- Nice, spacious office environment in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Hardware you want for your work and allowance for books you need
- Budget to visit conferences
- Flexible to remote work/working from home
- Team and company events (we visit art exhibitions regularly)
- Ergonomic chairs, Yoga sessions, ping-pong table, free drinks, and freshly ground coffee
- Company-sponsored German class if desired
Ideally your application includes or links to sample of code you've written.
- Review of your application
- Short casual conversation (30 mins, non-technical, via Skype)
- Technical interview (1 hour, Skype or on-site)
- Larger assignment (Trial day on-site or remote)
- Conversation with MD about offer
Artory commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or other opinion, sex, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.